A Shocking Message from A True Friend.

I received a message from an old true friend this morning.

His message was short and heart-warming.

He said:

"i know you are having a great life now...g/f..jobs and so on...but please do take care of yourself. you are a little bit over-weight..watch out ok?"

This very short message had woke me up on a Sunday morning!

I know for a fact that he doesn't mean anything negative, he is just being a truthful friend.

The fact is that he is absolutely right. I have put on 6 KG from March to May this year.

Things can be very different in 3 months. Actions need to be taken!


Well, it happens that the Katsuma Community monthly learning topic for August is health. I got to read the book "Why we get fat and what to do about it" by Gary Taubes. Gary really makes a very good and possible hypothesis, also an alternative way for us to examine our diet and body weight.

Gary had broken this book down into 3 parts:

1. Putting question marks on current hypothesis/theories of how we get fat.
   a) Exercise helps?
   b) Eat less helps?
   c) Energy balance is true? (summary of above 2 points)
   d) We overeat so we get fat? Or the other way around, we are getting fat so we overeat!?!?!

2. Proposing an alternative hypothesis about how we get fat
    In a nutshell, he propose that the 2 main factors causing us getting fat are sugar and starches, which can be included as carbohydrates. Carbohydrates locks down fat tissues after fat acid enters fat tissue. Fat tissues are accumulated and cause our body to grow bigger, as a result, we tend to eat more to acquire enough energy to move a bigger body. As we don't decrease consumption of sugar and starches, the vicious cycle will keeps going on forever.

3. Diet Suggestions
    The 3rd part is the best part and is also my favorite part-diet guideline, aka recipe. The diet guide line is very easy to understand and follow. (Wanna know more, get a copy at Amazon Kindle Store JP.)

I started following his guideline right away after reading his book. I cut off rice for breakfast at first and then for lunch. Now I almost don't eat rice during weekdays. (I still eat whatever I want on weekends. Hahaha.) For now,only a week though, I lost 1.6 kg. Amazing!

I also noticed few changes happening to my body and could be caused by this diet:


  1. Wake up early feeling more energetic.
  2. Don't feel my blood sugar is low. (Of course, I stop taking sugar....)
  3. Tend to drink more water.
  4. Digest is more stable. (I meant I don't have any stomach upsets this week. I usually have stomach upset at least once a week.)
I will keep on tracking how this diet is changing me! This experiment is just so exciting!

Also thanks to my friend who messaged me and told me that I should do something to my fat ass before it is too late.


 

Comments